THIS WEEK’S KICK TO COME BROUGHT TO YOU BY RADRADRA SCENIC TOURS – 12 DAY OF THE FRENCH RIVIERA ON SPECIAL NOW and ROD MAYBON AUTO ELECTRICS – START IT RIGHT EVERY TIME.
Normally we run through all of the games on offer, but to be honest running through this week’s schedule there’s not a lot jumping out at us.
Maybe it is because we are still getting over the excitement of Origin 2 and the Channel Nein coverage or the huge effort we put in compiling our A to Z of Forgotten rugby league players. More likely it’s the general apathy the NRL shows to its competition during Origin period being reciprocated back to them. That won’t stop us watching most of the offering, just stopping us getting excited in advance.
Instead this week. we’ll point out the five things that have us interesting heading into Round 16.
- MORE JOHN SUTTON – After a highly encouraging return from injury, it will be interesting to see if John Sutton can step up a gear and if he save Souths season. Or maybe the Origin has awoken Greg Inglis and we’ll get a decent game out of him in 2016. If he played with the same enthusiasm as Cody Walker or Nathan Brown it would make a world of difference.
- TARIQ SIMS RECEPTION ON HIS RETURN TO NEWCASTLE – the Newcastle v Dragons looks like a game that is best avoided but Tariq Sims who was part of the Knights no less than two weeks ago left them to join the Dragons and in a convenient piece of scheduling finds himself back there quite soon after buggering off. Will he get a frosty reception, probably. And he probably deserves it. It sure highlights the bullshit reason given by players for why there can’t be an official mid season trading window or end of season event like the AFL.
- SHARKS v NZ IN THE RUGBY LEAGUE BUZZ WORD BATTLE – Who will win? Will it be the Real Deal Sharks or the Dark Horse NZ Warriors. At a minimum it will prove if NZ can be trusted away from home and mount a serious tilt at the finals.
- ORIGIN WITHDRAWALS STUFFING UP SUPERCOACH – Almost as bad as the 4 game round mini round before Origin is the rounds after which are affected by Origin withdrawals. Not only does it rob the fans of the best players when it happens, it also makes the Supercoach team hard work across the weekend. And ain’t nobody got time for that.
- GOLD COAST v CANBERRA – Not a game one would have circled pre season but with both of these Sides with designs on the top 8, and plenty to offer in attack, it should be a game to fllow. 2016 so far is a vast improvement in the case of the Titans pre season expectations, who were predicted to finish in the bottom few at the beginning of the season.