Welcome to the Gurgler’s UK Football Weekly. We discuss things UK Football, and it doesn’t begin in Manchester and finish in London. We care about all four leagues and below if we have time. All your favourite stars are here too with the exception of Ariaga II. Enjoy the finest
– The EPL is back after a hiatus due to the FA Cup third round which produced very few surprise results in the top flight – QPR losing to Sheffield Utd the cup kings isn’t much of a surprise. A few Championship sides were left red faced at their exit at the hands of lower league battlers costing Norwich manager his job. The highlight was Liverpool v Wimbledon who ran the big boys close and were saved by the usual Gerrard quality. The highlight within the highlight was the big boy himself Adebayo “Beast” Akinfenwa terrorising the Liverpool defence.
– On the new manager front Alan Pardew and Tony Pulis get their EPL debuts this weekend, whilst Newcastle continue their search for one. Norwich have found their replacement, taking the recently unsuccessful path of an in-form Scottish SPL manager which always seems to end in tears lately. But as an Ipswich fan it is not the biggest concern.
– More Newcastle news – the rumour mill is going into overdrive with news that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley may sell the Magpies. Only a shower that rained 10 pound notes could make the Newcastle fans and public happier. He can always increae his stake in the success story that is the new Rangers.
– January transfer window is also open which will provide much filler. It’s always a good sign of desperation doing a lot of business in this window. Expect everyone other than the top three to dive in, and even then Man City look thin up front and Manchester Utd seem hellbent on spending as much as they can in one season. Arsenal will surely buy some more players in positions they don’t need whilst not strengthening any area of need.
– The transfer window is also a dangerous time for lower division team whose sides are usually plundered for big EPL teams to boost their squad numbers after they get bored with them. Just hanging onto their players is a success.
EPL SUN – MAN UTD v SOUTHAMPTON
EPL SUN – ARSENAL v STOKE
CHAMPIONSHIP – IPSWICH v DERBY
CHAMPIONSHIP – BOURNEMOUTH v NORWICH
L1 – SHEFFIELD UTD v PRESTON
L2 – SOUTHEND v PLYMOUTH
Here’s the rest of the upcoming fixtures.
So it’s all come to this, our best selections and tips for you to turn into many dollar, pound, euro or rupee. Please accept our best bets.
[ultimatetables 1 /]
[ultimatetables 2 /]
[ultimatetables 3 /]
[ultimatetables 4 /]