Welcome to the Gurgler’s UK Football Weekly. All your favourite stars are here with the exception of Ariaga II. Enjoy the finest
- Nothing like a batch of midweek EPL fixtures to give the punters 3 games in the space of 9 days or so to make up for the constant interruptions of International breaks. The midweek games all went to plan for the big boys with all having important wins. You know it was a favourites round if Lawro from the BBC got 7 right. Not that we’re better, but we don’t pick as many favourites.
- Chelsea’s draw with Sunderland and Manchester City’s two wins have reduced the gap at the top to six points and the season’s title fight is threatening to become a two horse race again. The “little horse” Chelsea is still favourite, but it looks interesting now.
- Southampton’s golden run has ended with consecutive losses against the powerhouse might of Man City and Arsenal. A top 6 finish is still achievable though and would be a welcome change in the usual order.
- Down at the bottom it is as tight as ever with a myriad of teams within two games of being last. With no manager sacked yet, teams are biding their time to time the new manager bounce perfectly to survive.
- Down in the Championship leaders Derby were beaten just as they looked likely to be that team that skips away in front. Long suffering Ipswich fans can dare to dream, as can the unlikely Brentford fans, as teams promoted from second place in League One have an excellent record in next year promotions.
- The best sporting competition in the world – The FA Cup – kicks off with Round 2 this weekend, with just the remaining Non League sides with League one and Two winners battling to get into the draw for the famous third round and hope to jag a Manchester or London EPL side in the draw.
- A disclaimer with our tips for the FA Cup, we did tip Blyth Spartans’ upset over Hartlepool but didn’t post it in time, so we didn’t cheat, we were just lazy.
List a few quick points of interest or amusing news.
Here’s the rest of the upcoming fixtures.
EPL UPCOMING FIXTURES
So it’s all come to this, our best selections and tips for you to turn into many dollar, pound, euro or rupee. Please accept our best bets.
[table caption=”EPL MULTI – $1 pays $40″ width=”500″ colwidth=”100|100″ colalign=”left|left”]
LIVERPOOL to win,v Sunderland
UNDER 2.5 Goals,A Villa v Leicester
MAN CITY to win,v Everton
OVER 2.5 Goals,QPR v Burnley
ARSENAL to win,v Stoke
WEST HAM to win,v Swansea
[table caption=”CHAMPIONSHIP MULTI – $1 pays $31″ width=”500″ colwidth=”100|100″ colalign=”left|left”]
CARDIFF to win,v Rotherham
IPSWICH to win,v Leeds
MIDDLESBROUGH to win,v Millwall
READING to win,v Bolton
DERBY to win,v Brighton
[table caption=”FA CUP MULTI – UPSETS- $1 pays $364″ width=”500″ colwidth=”100|100″ colalign=”left|left”]
BLYTH SPARTANS to win,v Hartlepool
DOVER to win,v Cheltenham
ALDERSHOT to win,v Rochdale
DRAW,Southport v Eastleigh
[table caption=”FA CUP MULTI – SATURDAY – $1 pays $76″ width=”500″ colwidth=”100|100″ colalign=”left|left”]
MK DONS to win,v Chesterfield
SHEFFIELD UTD to win,v Plymouth
PRESTON to win,v Shrewsbury
ACCRINGTON to win,v Yeovil
LUTON to win,v Bury
WREXHAM to win,v Maidstone
[table caption=”FA CUP MULTI – SUNDAY – $1 pays $23″ width=”500″ colwidth=”100|100″ colalign=”left|left”]
BARNSLEY to win,v Chester
PETERBOROUGH to win,v Colchester
BRISTOL CITY to win,v Telford
SCUNTHORPE to win,v Worcester
AFC WIMBLEDON to win,v Wycombe
GATESHEAD to win,v Warrington
[table caption=”EPL Form,” width=”300″ colwidth=”125|125|50″ colalign=”left|left|center”]
Wins,Man Utd ,4
Most Draws,Sunderland,8 (14)
Best Home Record,Chelsea,21pts (7)
Worst Home Record,Aston Villa,5pts (6)
Best Away Record,Man City,17pts (8)
Worst Away Record,QPR,0pts (7)
Most Goals Scored last 6,Man City,13
Least Goals Scored last 6,Hull,2
Most Goals Conceded Last 6,Leicester,11
Least Goals Conceded Last 6,Chelsea/Newcastle,3
[table caption=”Championship Form,” width=”300″ colwidth=”125|125|50″ colalign=”left|left|center”]
Most Draws,Charlton/Shef Wed,10 (19)
Best Home Record,Cardiff,21pts (9)
Worst Home Record,Blackpool,5pts (9)
Best Away Record,Derby/Middlesboro,17pts (9)
Worst Away Record,Blackpool,4pts (10)
Most Goals Scored last 6,Bournemouth,17
Least Goals Scored last 6,Rotherham,2
Most Goals Conceded Last 6,Wolves,15
Least Goals Conceded Last 6,Middlesbrough,3
These stats and so many more courtesy of a much better website – www.whoscored.com